With a little bit of loving and proper care ALEAF’s accessories will prove to be an investment that will be with you for years. Follow the product care instructions below to help your purchase last you a lifetime.
We advise that you moisturize your products before using them for the first time.As ALEAF uses an array of materials, please refer to the care instructions provided with your purchase or refer to the relevant care instructions outlined below.
If you have any questions in regards to caring for your product, please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Clean your product using a mild soap solution and remove it completely by using a white cotton cloth dampened in water.
2) If your item is heavily soiled, you can use a mild liquid shampoo type cleaner and dilute it as per the instructions on the bottle.
3) Rinse with a cloth soaked in water to remove all excess shampoo.
4) Then dry the surface with a dry white cotton cloth. Clean the spills as soon as possible to prevent permanent staining.
We recommend storing your Desserto product away from direct sunlight and in the GOTS Cotton dust bag that comes with the product.
Prevent explosion to suntan oils and do not mark the material with a pen as the ink could be absorbed causing a permanent stain.
1) Marks can be cleaned with water, using a damp soft cloth or sponge soaked in warm soapy water.
2) If your item is heavily soiled, you can rinse with lukewarm water but never fully submerge the product as this may cause irreversible damage.
3) Let your item air dry and refrain from using a heat source to dry more quickly as this could cause damage.
1) To maintain your Piñatex accessory, moisturise it regularly with a natural colourless wax, such as Barbour Wax.
2) After application, leave it to dry naturally for 24 hours.
3) You can then gently buff the wax off with a soft brush or dry cloth.
Note: Over time, you may experience some fibre release from our Piñatex products. To prevent this, we recommend using a non toxic colourless boot polish and sealing it with PawPaw cream.
When you are not using your product made from Piñatex, make sure to store it in the GOTS Cotton dust bag that comes with it.
If you spill something or your product looks dirty, use a damp cloth to clean the surface and leave it to airy dry. Please do not soak or put the material in the washing machine as it will lose its strength.
Do not iron or use artificial heat sources to speed up the drying process.
Once it is dried, apply a thin layer of natural wax to restore to it to its original condition.
Made entirely from natural materials, it is sensitive to humidity. Apply a thin layer of polishing wax or coconut oil to the surface to ensure it stays moisturised. This is highly recommended in in hot, humid and dry climate as well as after you clean your product.
We recommend using a clear shoe polish or furniture grade wax. However, if you want your product to remain vegan apply a thin layer of coconut oil.
It is advised to store your products in a dry place.
Your products come with a dust bag to ensure that your products are safe from dust. However, it is advised to remove your products every week or two weeks to let them breathe.