Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions set out below apply whenever you access, browse or shop on our site www.aleaflk.com and by using our site you automatically consent to the stipulations laid out below.
For any additional information please don’t hesitate to connect with us at email@example.com, we’d love to help you out!
The terms below will be regularly updated and the latest amendments will apply whenever you log on, so be sure to stay informed about any changes over here so that we’re all on the same page.
To purchase from ALEAF you need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age in order to place an order. If you are under 18 years of age you may only place an order with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Have a valid credit or debit card that we accept (our accepted methods of payment are Mastercard, Visa, PayPal, JCB, AMEX, Diners Club, Discover); and
- Have authorization to use aforementioned credit and debit card (e.g. the card is in your name or you have permission to make use of it)
Access and use of the site
It almost goes without saying but just to be clear:
- You can only make use of this website and its services for your personal use.
- To access some features of the website, such as creating wishlists, you must register an account with us (“Account”). To register for an Account, you must provide us with accurate and current personal information including your name, address, and a valid email address. You must not register more than one Account. You should not create an Account if you are under 18 years old.
- Unless otherwise indicated in specific areas within the website, you are authorised to view, play, print and download documents, audio and video found on the website for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes only.
- However, you cannot reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of this website and /or any part of our service without EXPRESS written permission from us.
- You cannot misuse or tamper (e.g.: hack, introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other technologically harmful entities to carry out attacks, etc.) with our website and its affiliated services or otherwise mess with Aleaf.com’s tech, functionality or customer data. Any such malicious actions will be dealt with seriously with the involvement of law enforcement services.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account (including Orders placed using your Account), and you must keep your Account password secure. We are not responsible for any unauthorised activity on your Account, including if you fail to keep your Account login information secure. We may refer fraudulent or abusive or illegal activity to the relevant authorities.
- You must not use another person’s Account without our, and/or the other person’s express permission. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your Account or that your password is no longer secure, please contact Customer Service without delay and take immediate steps to re-secure your Account (including by changing your password).
- We do not warrant that the website will be available at all times and without disruption and we provide no warranties in relation to the content of any other website linked to or from our website.
- You must not link to our Website or any part of our website in a way that damages or takes advantage of our reputation, including but not limited to:
- (a) in a way to suggest or imply that you have any kind of association and affiliation with us, or approval and endorsement from us when there is none; or
- (b) in a way that is illegal or unfair.
Placing an Order and Formation of Contract
Once you decide to order a product (“Order”) and begin the purchasing process here’s how it goes: (including the rules and regulations)
- All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
- Once you select a product to order, irrespective of any previous price you have seen or heard, you will then be shown or told the price you must pay including taxes and any other charges such as delivery fees to the address you provide. Unless otherwise stated all charges are in US dollars.
- You must pay the aforementioned price in full at the time of ordering via one of our accepted payment methods. You can choose to store your payment methods on your Account for future purchases.
- Once you place an order you will receive an email confirming your order. This email signals the formation of a contract for your purchase. You will receive another email once your order has been sent for shipping, after which the selected courier service will be responsible for your package. However you can contact us at any time for information regarding your purchase and we will help you out as best as we can.
- If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the website, please contact Customer Service immediately, although please note we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions and that additional fees may be required to process a change.
- If you wish to cancel your Order, you can do so within 2 hours of placing your order by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be refunded in full via your original payment method.
- Cancelling your order after 2 hours of placing your Order may or may not be possible and is up to our discretion. If your order cancellation is successful you will be refunded in full through your original payment method, but other charges may be levied to make cancelling your order possible. This will depend on how far along we are in processing your Order.
- If you want to cancel your order after 2 hours of placing your Order and our team has ascertained that it is not possible to do this you can exchange your product or return your purchase to us. The exchange will be approved if there is stock available for the item requested. Additionally, if the returned item meets our guidelines (please see Returns and Cancellations Policy) you will be refunded for the full cost of the product upon ALEAF having received the returned item and you can then place a new order.
- Exchange of items in preference to receive another colour or specification of the same product design is not possible. In this case you are advised to return the item you have originally ordered in accordance with our Returns and Refunds Policy and once the Return is complete (i.e. the returned item has been delivered to us and the return is approved by our team) you can place a new order for the item with the amended specifications you would prefer.
- Very occasionally, we may need to refuse or cancel an order or close or freeze an account (even if we have previously confirmed your order) – e.g. if we notice something unusual on an order or an account. If this happens to you and you think we’ve made a mistake, get in touch with Customer Care and they’ll be happy to speak to you about it. We might not be able to accept an order for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- (a) unavailability of stock (in which case we may ask you to re-submit your Order or offer you an alternative product or size);
- (b) we suspect that you might on-sell our products to other consumers;
- (c) if we suspect your Order is fraudulent, or suspect credit card or payment-related fraud; or
- (d) if there has been an error in the imagery, price or product description on the Website,
- (e) if there has been an error by way of the wrongful inclusion of an item in a particular sale or promotion.
- Subject to the conditions above, until the time when we confirm your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you have the right to cancel your Order. If we or you have cancelled your Order before it has been confirmed, we will promptly refund any payment already made by you to your original payment method. We will not change any Terms applying to an existing Order that has already been accepted by us; the Terms that will apply to any such Order are the Terms that applied at the time you placed the order.
Prices and Product Description
You’re probably here because you browsed through our collections and liked what you saw (that’s a win for us!), so here’s what you need to know about the things we’re selling:
- Prices and descriptions for our products are subject to change without notice
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the sale of an item or service (or any part or content on the Website thereof) without notice at any time
- We try our best to accurately display the attributes of our products, including composition and colours. The colours you see will depend on your computer system or mobile device, and we cannot guarantee that your screen will display accurately the colours of our products.
- All measurements are approximate and are not guaranteed.
- If you receive a product that differs from the description or picture on the Website in any significant way (excluding small differences in dimensions or shades) please reach out to us to resolve the issue.
GST, Customs charges, Duties and Fees
There are two things that are constant in life, death and taxes. Being a legitimate business, taxes apply on all our products too, let’s get into what terms and conditions apply:
- Any items shipped internationally may be subject to import duties and taxes applicable to your country. Customers are responsible for any customs duties / import fees / taxes / VAT charges. These fees are paid to your local carrier and/or government, and are not implemented or collected by ALEAF, and thus cannot be refunded.
- ALEAF does not have control over these fees (GST, customs charges, duties and fees) and cannot confirm if there would be fees or estimate what the fees would be, since customs policies and import duties vary from country to country.
The moment your package is delivered is truly the happiest! Here’s how delivery works from our business in Sri Lanka all the way to your home anywhere around the world:
- We will dispatch the approved orders as quickly as possible and in the order that they have been received.
- Shipping times may vary depending on where the order is to be delivered. Occasional delays may occur during peak periods or in the case of unexpected events.
- We aim to deliver products to you at the place of delivery (“Delivery”) requested by you within the time indicated by us at the time of your Order, but we can’t absolutely guarantee firm Delivery dates or times
- We will aim to leave the Order at the address advised by you at the time of purchase. You must ensure that you are able to take Delivery of the product without undue delay and at any time reasonably specified by us. Our delivery partners may contact you prior to delivery to provide you with different delivery options, including giving ‘authority to leave’ the item at the address, or have delivery re-routed to a collection point. Alternatively, the courier may leave a card requesting your instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the carrier or a collection point.
- If Delivery or collection is delayed due to your unavailability or if you do not (within two weeks of our first attempt to deliver the product to you) accept Delivery or collect the product from the carrier, then we may (without affecting any other right or remedy available to us) do either or both of the following:
- (a) charge you for our reasonable storage fees and other costs reasonably incurred by us;
- (b) no longer make the product available for Delivery or collection and notify you that we are cancelling the applicable contract, in which case we will refund to you any money paid to us in accordance with our returns policy, after deducting our reasonable administration charges (including for attempting to deliver and then returning the product, and any storage fees and other costs provided for above).
- Please note that it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations, nor are we able to offer equivalent delivery options to locations that we do service. If we are unable to deliver to your location, we will inform you on the relevant product page, or alternatively use the contact details that you provide to us when you make your Order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
- Unless otherwise specified, all risk in the product shall pass to you upon delivery. If delivery is delayed, risk shall pass at the date when delivery would have occurred. From the time when risk passes to you, we will not be liable for loss or destruction of the product.
- When opening the package you must be careful so as not to damage the product, especially if using any sharp instruments.
Returns and Refunds
For a complete and accurate idea of our Returns and Refunds guidelines please check our Returns and Refunds Policy. However a few pertinent details are noted here:
- We aim to provide you with products of the highest standard and quality. If you have received a product with a defect, you can contact our Customer Service as soon as possible so we can guide you through the returns process and help resolve the problem as swiftly as possible. To find out more about the returns process please refer to Returns and Refunds Policy
- It does not constitute as a defect if in our reasonable opinion a product has become of unacceptable quality following the sale to you due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care. Care instructions for products according to their material can be referred to here.
- In order to return a product that was delivered to you without defects or damages i.e. if you want to return a purchase simply because you changed your mind, the item(s) in question must comply with the standards set out in our Returns Policy and you must follow the process outlined in the aforementioned policy.
- Items such as products on sale or on promotion are excluded from the Returns and Refunds Policy and cannot be reverted back to us in order to receive a refund. Items for which Returns and Refunds don’t apply will be marked on our product pages and we advise you to check for this distinction before making a purchase.
- We will not refund any Delivery Fees that you have paid at purchase to have the product shipped to you, or the cost of any packaging you provide to send the items back to us. If a return is not in compliance with our policies you will not receive a refund and we will contact you to find out whether you wish for the item to be shipped back to you or want us to retain the product. Please note the cost to ship returned items to and from us must be entirely borne by you. However in the case of a faulty item return these conditions may not apply, if so, our customer service team will guide you on how to proceed with your return.
- We offer a flexible change of mind returns policy to streamline your shopping experience. We monitor return rate frequency and value for fraud, abuse and general security purposes. In the event of elevated return frequency and values, we are entitled to close or block access to your Account or deny you from making future orders.
When there’s a sweet deal up for grabs there’s nothing to do but grab it right then! However promotions may entail special terms or conditions:
- All promotions on the Website are subject to both these Terms and any additional promotion-specific terms. Promotion-specific terms may include conditions in respect of selected styles, brands, colours, collections, purchase periods, purchase methods, minimum spend requirements, bundle discounts, partner promotions, games of chance or games of skill.
- You should ensure that you read the specific conditions that apply to each promotion. By proceeding to purchase you agree and accept the terms of the applicable promotion(s).
- We may also undertake joint promotions with third party partners from time to time. You should consult the terms of those programs for full details of such specific joint promotions.
Vouchers, Gift Cards and Store Credit
What’s the best part about redeeming gift cards or vouchers? You’re spending money but without any of the associated guilt! We’ve outlined how you can use your guilt-free cards below:
- You may use vouchers/promo codes or gift cards as payment for certain products on the Website. Vouchers are available electronically. Promo codes are available onsite or through marketing partners. Only one voucher or promo code can be used per Order. We may email vouchers and electronic gift cards to you or to your selected recipient. We accept no Liability for errors in the email address provided to us. You’re responsible for the use and safety of your vouchers and gift cards - you should treat them like cash. We assume no Liability for the loss, theft or illegibility of vouchers or gift cards, including if gift cards are used without permission, if your email is hacked or subject to unauthorised use. We monitor the issuance and redemption of vouchers or gift cards. We may block gift cards if notified that gift cards have been fraudulently obtained or used.
Conditions for the redemption of vouchers/promo codes include:
- Vouchers/promo codes are valid only for the specified period stated for them and can only be redeemed in accordance with any special Terms stated on them - such as a minimum spend requirements, validity periods and brand, product or sale exclusions. Only one voucher/promo code can be used per Order, and some vouchers/promo codes may only be used once. Vouchers/promo codes cannot be used in addition to another voucher/promotion code.
- Certain products may be excluded from voucher/promo code promotions, and unless specifically stated are not applicable to shipping costs.
- Vouchers/promo codes cannot be redeemed for cash or to buy gift cards. If you place an Order for a product less than the value of a voucher/promo code, no refund or residual credit will be returned to you. If the credit of a voucher/promo code is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through payment by other means (but not by using another voucher or attempting to rely on any other offer).
- We actively monitor misuse of vouchers/promo codes and reserve the right to deactivate vouchers/promo codes or block any person that is not using a voucher in accordance with its Terms.
Conditions for the redemption of gift cards include:
- You may purchase gift cards for use on the Website by you or other customers. Gift Cards can be redeemed at the checkout or added to your Account. Once redeemed, gift cards cannot be transferred. Gift cards can only be redeemed on the Website in accordance with the special terms stated on them.
- Gift cards are valid for five years from purchase date. Any unredeemed balance that remains on the Gift Card after the 5 years will be voided and will not be available for use.
- The credit of a gift card does not accrue interest nor can it be redeemed or refunded for cash at any time. Gift cards cannot be used to buy further gift cards. To use a gift card, please follow this link.
- If you place an Order less than the value of the gift card, the residual credit will be stored to your Account and can be used for future purchases, but the residual credit cannot be redeemed for cash. If the credit of a gift card is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through payment by other means. You may use as many gift cards as you wish in paying for an Order, and gift cards may be used in conjunction with one voucher per Order.
Conditions for using store credit include:
- Store credits are applied to the Account registered with the same email address used to place your Order. Store credits cannot be transferred to other accounts.
- We will apply store credit on a pro-rata basis across all items in an Order.
- Store credit is valid for 12 months. Any balance that remains after the 12 months will be voided and will not be available for use.
- Store credit does not accrue interest, nor can it be redeemed or refunded for cash at any time. If you accept store credit for a cancellation or return, and then purchase further items with that store credit, you will only be able to accept store credit for the subsequent cancellation or return of those items - you will not be able to refund or return those further items for cash.
If you cancel or return items purchased using a gift card or store credit:
- You are only entitled to receive ‘cash’ refunds for the portion of the total Order price you paid for using ‘cash’, and store credit only for the portion paid for using gift cards or store credits (on an item basis). For example, where total Order price is paid:
- entirely by gift cards or store credits - refunds are offered as store credit only; or
- entirely by ‘cash’ - refunds offered as store credit or ‘cash’ (at your election).
- If you cancel or return only certain items purchased in bundle deals or multi-buy promotions, any items you don’t return will be charged at full price, and the refund amount will be reduced accordingly.
We require your details to provide you an efficient service and we promise to keep it safe and secure. In return, here’s what your role is when it comes to your information:
- You need to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Things you shouldn’t do
The title is pretty self explanatory…you are prohibited from using the site or its contents:
- For any unlawful purpose;
- To solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- To violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- To infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- To harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- To submit false or misleading information;
- To upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- To collect or track the personal information of others;
- To spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- For any obscene or immoral purpose;
- To interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Intellectual Property, Software and Content
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material and content made available to you on or through this Website are owned by us.
- You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
- Any use of the Website or its contents, including copying or storing such content in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission.
Complaints or need to speak to us?
If you have any concerns or wish to contact us for any reason you can reach out to us through email@example.com.
User generated content
We encourage you to leave your reviews or comments on your experience shopping with us on the Website or via social media. By reviewing ALEAF on our Website or on social media, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You comply with the terms and conditions of the platform you are using to create that Content;
- You own all rights in respect of your Content and/or have obtained appropriate rights and consents from any other persons featured in your Content;
- Your Content and social media handle may be featured across our social media platforms as well as our Website;
- ALEAF may enhance, adapt, crop or otherwise modify your Content. Any such modifications would only occur to the extent deemed reasonably appropriate by us; and you are solely responsible for your Content and will not seek to hold us liable for any demands by a third party related to our use of your Content.
- You may revoke your permission for us to use your Content at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving such a request we agree to remove your Content from our online platforms as soon as reasonably practicable, and removed to the extent technically practicable
In the event of any dispute under these Terms all parties agree to negotiate in good faith to resolve the dispute. Disputes should be lodged with the Customer Service team at first instance.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.